Wednesday 26 September 2007

Independent study proposal

The chosen title four my independent study is ‘To what extent have women’s roles changed in films, paying particular reference to Kill Bill Vol2 (2004) and catwoman (2004)??’ I believe this question will be ideal to study as I find the topic very interesting and believe this question can be researched very well and studies effectively as this is a famous topic in which I can use many theories and comparison to answer the question effectively.

The text I have chosen to base my question is on to famous Hollywood blockbusters ‘Catwomen’ released in august 2004 and ‘Kill Bill Volume 2’ released 2004. I have chosen these particular texts as they relate to my question and can be identified to the issues that I will be dealing with in my question. I have also chosen these particular movies as I have watched these movies before and therefore can identify key points effectively as well as watching the movies again during my study.

In my hypothesis I believe the study will leave me to a well-assessed two-sided argument of the question, which will show that women are progressing in films in present future. I also believe that I can use the key concepts very effectively in my study as the question can easily be related to theorist’s narrative genre etc.

I will also answer my question by using many internet resources available to research theorist such as Laura Mulvey and study the male gaze theory in depth to use in my study.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Hey Karundeep,

Here are three positive points about your blog:

1. You have got a good article by Charlotte Starlett who you can refer to in your independent study.

2.Additionally you have a really good section on 'Female representation', that has some good historical context.

3. You also have some really good links to other films that you can relate your independent study to.

One suggested improvement:

1. I feel that you could add more images and 'Youtube' clips to your blog.

[ *z* . *E* . *b* . *R* . *a* ] said...

WWW:really good in depth analysis of the film kill bill which your gna focus on, i really like wt your essay is based on because you can write so much aboiut how roles have changed throughout time

EBI:you relate back to a historical text possibly look into bond girls in james bond movies

:)